Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Google Alerts

WOW!! Alerts are really powerful. Maybe 10 minutes after I set an alert on snowman, an alert popped up in my inbox.

I want to get ready for Christmas so I have set a few alerts on Christmas themes such as Christmas, snowman, reindeer and etc.

One of the alert results:


Yes I refined my search query to get a more relevant and better result. I keyed in a clearer keyword. For example, at first, I typed in Christmas. And I refined my search query by typing in Christmas celebration in New Zealand and I got a slightly more relevant result of my search. I am quite happy with the list of results I got which allows me to choose.

I would recommend to the patrons who would like to receive continuous updates of their searches.

No comments:

Post a Comment