Monday, September 28, 2009

Discovert Exercise (# 18): YouTube

YouTube is a favourite site for videos.
People post and share their videos online.
Some people even make their own video.
If I am not mistaken, Rihanna's song, "Umbrella" was a song posted in YouTube by an anonymous and was noticed by a producer and that song was so hot that it hit billboard.

I like YouTube because it is easy to use. Just key in the title or a keyword of a video and there will be heaps of videos for you to choose from. If you like a video, I think you can download them but I do not know how to download them. Alternatively, you can get the embed code or the url, copy and paste to the website you want and the video will appear in it.

*I don't know why when I put the YouTube embed code here, it doesn't show the video*
This is the URL of the video I chose:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asYUI0l6EtE

I chose this video because I think it is interesting to know what the library is like to the library users in future and how library users might prefer to use the libraries. As technologies are developing, I think that libraries should think of a way to get library users to keep coming to libraries when technologies allowed them to get their readings through e- books and e- resources. If people can get what they want on the web at home, is it necessitate for them to come all the way to the library?

I think NSL can make a video about "Step-to-step guide to use the OPAC" especially accessing to the patron's own information in the library website and renewing books online. Even though we have pamplets that guide them how to access their information online, there are still people coming inquire about this subject. The video might help The video might be helpful to patrons who are still learning to use the technologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment